|Join us for a 5K run/walk in downtown Wayne, PA!
Welcome to the 2nd annual Brain Aneurysm Awareness Run. All proceeds to benefit the Brain Aneurysm Foundation, the world's only non-profit organization solely dedicated to raising awareness of and funding research for brain aneurysm.
|Highlights from our first year (2013):
- Over 364 runners & walkers participated in our event
- Together, we raised over $20,000 for the Brain Aneurysm Foundation, and importantly, we raised awareness of brain aneurysm in our community
- We received monetary and in-kind donations from 29 local and national businesses
Click here to read the post-race newsletter, along with photos
- Click here for our photo gallery
- Click here for last year's results
|About this year's event:
- Date: September 6, 2014 (Saturday), 9 a.m.
- Location: Downtown Wayne, PA
- Online registration: give.bafound.org/2014BAAR
Before 8/22/14: Adults: $25; Students and children 6 and over: $15; Children under 6: Free
After 8/22/14: Adults: $30; Students and children 6 and over: $20; Children under 6: Free
- Registration fee includes t-shirt, chip timing, and refreshment
- Prizes for top 3 male, top 3 female runners, and top runner 14 and under
- Post-event raffle. Donations from (so far): Villanova basketball, Panera Bread, Corner Bakery, Whole Foods, Bertucci's, Philadelphia Flyers, People's Light & Theatre Company, Bryn Mawr Running Company, and more!
|Course: (Click here for course map)
- Chip timing with MYLAPS bib chip, and race will be timed by Bryn Mawr Running Company.
- Rolling course through beautiful downtown Wayne, PA (see page 2 of course map for elevation changes).
- Distance certified by Bryn Mawr Running Company.
- Start/Finish line at intersection of School Lane and Louella Avenue (near Radnor Middle School).
- Course will remain open for 75 minutes. If you plan to join us as a walker, please keep that timeframe in mind.
Don't enjoy running? Come join us as a volunteer! Please contact us at: baar5k[dot]pa[at]gmail[dot]com.
- Free t-shirts for all volunteers.
- Plus our undying gratitude.
|About the event organizers:
|Like us on Facebook: