|Join us for a 5K run/walk in downtown Wayne, PA!
All proceeds to benefit the Brain Aneurysm Foundation, the world's only non-profit organization solely dedicated to raising awareness of and funding research for brain aneurysm.
Join us as a runner, walker, volunteer, or sponsor.
Platinum Sponsors ($1000):
Gold Sponsors ($500):
Prizes donated by:
Villanova University, Villanova, PA
The Pilates Garden, Wayne, PA
People's Light & Theatre Company, Malvern, PA
Corner Bakery & Cafe
Green Mountain Coffee
Giant Food Stores
Bryn Mawr Running Company, Bryn Mawr, PA
Polished Spa & Boutique, Wayne, PA
East Eagle Yoga, Havertown, PA
GT Wholesale Sporting Good, Philadelphia, PA
Trader Joe's, Wayne, PA
Campus Corner, Villanova, PA
D'Amicantonio Shoe Store, Wayne, PA
Flag Lady Gifts, Wayne, PA
Jules Thin Crust, Wayne, PA
Red Mango, Wayne, PA
Thanks to your support, the inaugural Brain Aneurysm Awareness Run was a success. Together with 364 runners and walkers and 30 volunteers,
we raised over $20,000 for the Brain Aneurysm Foundation! More importantly, we have raised awareness of brain aneurysm
in our community.
We look forward to seeing you next year!
Race results for runners are now available online
(click here). If
you have any questions about the results, please contact our head timer Jason Bialka of Bryn
Mawr Running Company.
Click here to read the post-race newsletter, along with photos.
- Additional pictures can be found on our Facebook page.
You should be able to access the photo album even if you don't have a Facebook account. But if the Facebook link does not load for you,
you can also access the same pictures via this link.
|Registration: (Click here to register)
Online registration ends 9/4/13, 3 p.m. On-site registration available on day of event (9/8/2013).
(If you prefer to register with a paper form, please download form here.)
- Before 8/22/13: Adults: $25, Students and children 6 and over: $15, Children under 6: Free.
- After 8/22/13: Adults: $30, Students and children 6 and over: $20, Children under 6: Free.
(Onsite registration — cash or check only please)
- Registration fee includes:
- Chip timing
- Post-event refreshments, award ceremony & raffle drawing (click here for full list of raffle packages)
- Guaranteed if registered before 8/22/13. While supplies last thereafter:
- Prizes for top 3 male & female runners and top runner 14 and under
*** Please follow this link for event schedule and packet pickup information. ***
|Why we should care about brain aneurysms:
Some important facts (from Brain Aneurysm Foundation and National Institutes of Health):
- The most common form of brain aneurysm is a berry aneurysm, which is a "balloon" that forms along a blood vessel. Over time, the vessel
wall becomes weaker, and the aneurysm may eventually rupture, leading to bleeding within the brain (i.e., hemorrhagic stroke).
- An estimated 6 million people in the United States (1 in 50 people) have an unruptured brain aneurysm, and approximately 30,000 people
per year suffer from ruptured aneurysms.
- An estimated 40% of patients do not survive the first 24 hours after a rupture and up to another 25% die within 6 months due to complications.